Assistant Director of Mission Services
Position: Assistant Director of Mission Services
SUPERVISOR: Director of Mission Services
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: Administrative Associates
FLSA: Non-Exempt Full-Time
The Assistant Director of Mission Services under the direction of the Director of Mission Services will work with the Mission Services assist in providing services to community members who inquire about or enlist the services of Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont in working to overcome barriers to living an independent life with dignity and the ability to support themselves and their families. In this role the Assistant Director will manage, direct and facilitate Mission Services Programs, including but not limited to the oversite of data and statistics, voucher processing and fulfillment, assist with the team in the creation of new and revision of current employment training programs.
• Assisting with the day to day operations of Mission Services
• Managing direct reports
• Train, coach and mentor staff on an ongoing basis
• Manage the Goodwill EMR reporting System
• Manage participant follow-up process to insure accuracy of records of the participant’s progress
• Requires confidentiality and legal integrity
• Needs to efficiently communicate with people from all backgrounds and disabilities
• Familiar with or willing to learn Google Suite
• Able to maintain a safe and inclusive environment
• Outgoing, able to ask for help
• Advocates for employees and participants
• Ability to coach and mentor direct reports
• Emotional Intelligence
• Willing to step outside of your comfort zone and learn new skills
• Project management
• Analytical skills
• Empathic to peoples life situations
• Flexible and willing to take on multiple projects and requests simultaneously
• Provides excellent customer service to all participants, staff and supervisors.
• Respectful of others and demonstrates the ability to build effective internal and external relationships. Willing to comply with all established work rules, policies, procedures and safety rules
• Represents the organization in a professional and courteous manner
• Process intakes
• Maintain participant rosters
• Assist with facilitation of training programs.
• Oversees community support program, ie; vouchers
• Oversight of Data Entry and filing from direct reports
• Awareness of safety issues of the workplace and all safety plans to evacuation in case of fire or any type of Emergency.
• Oversee the processing of client paperwork, as required and insuring the process is timely and efficient.
• Perform all other deemed necessary
Sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands or arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee utilizes a computer to perform at least 60% of his/her job.
The employee conducts the day-to-day requirements of his or her job in an atypical office environment, utilizing a computer and working at his/her own desk and other areas of the Training/Donation Center. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.