Assistant Store Manager North Adams
- Promote service participant development.
- Commit to preserving a safe work environment by performing job duties and keeping work area clean and void of hazards.
- Actively participate in safety training and drills
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Achieve established sales and expense budgets.
- Provide data for budget development.
- Maintain records of sales data, bank deposits and daily operational records, as required including a balanced cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Participate and monitor in review process.
- Enforce sales policies and procedures and employee policies and procedures.
- Responsible for, under the direction pf the retail area manager, the supervision of all employees and volunteers in the retail store including planning, assigning and directing work, coaching and counseling, making recommendations for disciplinary action, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assist with the training of retail employees in retail operations procedures, and ensures that each employee receives mandatory training such as safety training, and orientation.
- Motivate staff and participants through praise and recognition.
- Schedule employees in a way that will achieve optimum customer service, merchandise display, store security, and expense control.
- Ensure that rosters are completed daily
- Responsible for “color pulling” system.
- Manage quality control standards for sales floor.
- Plan attractive merchandise displays that make effective use of sales area.
- Utilize register for customer transactions and provide training for all new sales associate or others as needed.
- Maintain store premises in compliance with Agency Safety and housekeeping practices.
- Ensure compliance with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout areas supervised and maintain same to meet other regulatory standards.
- Responsible for equal opportunity employment efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or general education degree with courses in Business or Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field preferred.
- Two years of retail experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Experience with training and supervision of employees in merchandising, cashiering and customer service at a retail location.
- Excellent leadership, written and oral communication, and management skills.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time fostering strong team atmosphere and positive promotion of agency.
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer