Cashier/Processor (Part-Time), Brattleboro, VT
Job Title: Cashier/Processor
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont, Inc.
FLSA Non-Exempt: (Part-Time)
- Processes customer sales quickly and accurately on the cash register.
- Processes cash transactions and customer checks, charges and store credits, and accurately balances the register drawer.
- Provides customer service by knowing inventory, sale information, store policies and procedures, and other related information.
- Keeps merchandise neat and organized by appropriately distributing stock and pulling stock when necessary.
- Assesses merchandise and makes pricing recommendations to the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Maintains an orderly store appearance by vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, washing mirrors, doors and windows, and keeping register area clean.
- Ensures loss prevention by monitoring dressing rooms and observing customers.
- Answer the store telephone.
- Price merchandise according to prescribed criteria.
- Prepare textiles and goods for resale.
- Inspect textiles, furniture, appliances, small household wares, novelty items, books, toys, decorations, and sporting goods to determine sale ability.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Goodwill is an EEOC Employer