● Oversee the operations of the finance department, including strong managerial skills with the ability to train and develop the accounting staff.
● Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements, accruals, journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, work papers and variance analysis.
● Review daily sales receipts for accuracy.
● Prepare and review budgets, forecasts, operating results and sales and related tax compliance.
● Oversee proper and timely billing of all receivables. Review documentation of all written and verbal collection efforts for all accounts receivable.
● On a monthly basis, close the books, reviewing all balance sheet accounts, updating work papers on a monthly basis.
● Responsible for reviewing accounts payables, and processing payables in a timely manner.
● Review and approve bi-weekly payroll, verifying compliance with labor laws and regulations.
● Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
● Review internal accounting processes for accuracy and effectiveness.
● Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Policies
● Continually look and recommend improvements and efficiencies to current accounting practices.
● Ensure that all store banks and petty cash are handled properly and are counted on a regular basis
● Create and update training materials for accounting procedures for store staff for Point-of-Sale and time tracking software.
● Work closely and cooperate with the management of all departments in the collection of financial data.
● Works with auditors to prepare for the annual audit, preparation of 990, and Massachusetts Uniform Financial Reporting.
● Work with management team to prepare for and maintain CARF accreditation.
● Ability to handle multiple assignments.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting
● Four years minimum related experience with an emphasis on Forecasts & Budgets, Audits, Cost Control.
● Extensive knowledge of non-profit operations, services and accounting.
● Accounting experience in retail setting is a plus.
● Proven leadership track record with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a diversity of people
● Strong analytical skills
● Proficiency with G-Suite Software.
● Experience using Quickbooks Online, Homebase, Lightspeed, Bill.com, Expensify is a plus.
● Self-motivated to take charge and assume responsibility.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Office/Retail environment with moderate noise levels and environmental controls
● Work with multiple software applications and programs throughout the workday
● Extensive typing and use of a mouse
● Conference calls via audio and video channels are commonly used; use of headphones
● Significant portion of the workday is at a desk, requiring long periods of sitting (up to 8 hours) and position will stand and/or walk, push, kneel, bend, balance, reach and stretch (up to 1 hour) per day
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee typically encounters while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires & So. Vermont is a 501(c) 3 organization and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires & Southern Vermont, Inc. does not discriminate against any person because of her/his race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation (which shall not include persons whose sexual orientation involves minor children as the sex object), age, ancestry, disability or marital status in the provision of or access to services, employment and activities.