Sales Associate/Processor, North Adams
Perform retail sales functions, select and price donated goods and textiles to be sold in our retail stores
according to the Standard Operating Procedures manual. Provide direct client services through innovation and
compliance with required standards for all activities of assigned department. Promote, improve, and
support Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont as a whole. Promote service participant development.
Essential Job Duties:
- Able to operate cash register, perform stock duties and provide customer service.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time fostering strong team atmosphere and positive promotion of agency.
- Commit to preserving a safe work environment by performing job duties and keeping work area clean and void of hazards.
- Actively participate in safety training.
- Inspect textiles, furniture, appliances, small household wares, novelty items, books, toys, decorations, and sporting goods to determine sale ability.
- Provide customer service in a friendly manner (greeting, selling, telephone etiquette, etc.).
- Perform stock duties such as hanging garments, placing them on the appropriate rack and keeping the pulling system up to date.
- Ensure that Goodwill quality control standards are met (textiles, misc., furniture).
- Complete reports accurately as assigned (donation counts, readings, daily business statements, deposits, and cash drawer).
- Price merchandise according to prescribed criteria.
- Prepare textiles and goods for resale.
- Follow the dress code as directed by Goodwill and display a professional image and attitude.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the store Manager, Assistant, or Supervisor.
- Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
- Duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED or Technical education
- Cash register operations
- Computer skills desirable
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer