Senior Retail Store Manager in Pittsfield, MA
Position Title: Senior Retail Store Manager in Pittsfield, MA
Join a growing organization with an important brand.
The Senior Retail Store Manager will support and assist the Director of Retail Operations and the Senior Director of Retail Operations through the achievement of the goal objectives. Provides oversight of two or more retail stores along with maintaining compliance of Goodwill’s policies and procedures. This position supervises: Store Managers, Assistant Managers, Keyholders, Sales Associates, Processors, Participants, and Volunteers.
- Promote service participant development.
- Commit to preserving a safe work environment by performing job duties and keeping work area clean and void of hazards.
- Actively participate in safety training.
Essential Job Duties:
- The duties and responsibilities of the Store Manager.
- Monitor sales, cash management, inventory control, store merchandising and appearance.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties of store operations. Provide sales reports and accurate retail information on a timely basis.
- Performs Monthly store checklist and serves as backup Quarterly Auditor for stores to assist the director and senior director of retail operations as needed.
- Direct training, write staff schedules, and conduct performance evaluations and smart goals.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviews, and hiring of retail staff following legal and agency guidelines.
- Able to cover other retail locations as needed when the store manager is not available.
- Assists with project management in the development and implementation of retail and ADC locations as needed.
- Oversee personnel issues, provide proper documentation and assist in terminations when required.
- Enforce store procedures and GIB policies on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain effective communication with Production staff and all support staff.
- Responsible for enhancing security and loss prevention.
- Ensure safety compliance for all OSHA requirements, and GIB safety regulations are adhered to.
- Supervise and monitor production operations in the absence of the Retail Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or general education degree with courses in Business or Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of retail experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Experience with training and supervision of shipping and receiving functions, stock duties and merchandising, and cashiering and customer service at a retail location.
- Excellent leadership, written and oral communication, and management skills.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time fostering strong team atmosphere and positive promotion of agency.
- Basic computer literacy—e-mail, internet, word processing is encouraged
- Please submit resume and cover letter describing how you meet the position requirements.
Goodwill is an EEOC organization with an active Diversity, Equity and Inclusion program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Weekly day range:
- Weekend availability
All customers and employees wear masks (optional), surfaces are regularly sanitized. All employees will follow the OSHA requirements. Gloves and protective eyewear (both optional unless specified by job task).
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Associate (Preferred)
- Supervising: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location