Store Manager in North Adams
Position Title: Store Manager in North Adams
Manage retail store location, ensure smooth flow of operation and provide excellent customer service to achieve company financial goals. When applicable provide direct client services through innovation and compliance with required standards for all activities of assigned department and to promote improve and support the agency as a whole.
- Promote service participant development.
- Commit to preserving a safe work environment by performing job duties and keeping work area clean and void of hazards.
- Actively participate in safety training.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interviewing potential candidates for employment.
- Achieve established sales and expense budgets.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all employees in the retail store including planning, assigning and directing work, conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling, making recommendations for disciplinary action, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Train retail employees and processing personnel in retail operations procedures, and ensures that each employee receives mandatory training such as safety training, and orientation.
- Schedules employees in a way that will achieve optimum customer service, merchandise display, store security, and expense control.
- Responsible for “color pulling” system.
- Manages quality control standards for processing and sales floor.
- Plans attractive merchandise displays that make effective use of sales area.
- Utilize register for customer transactions.
- Motivate staff and participants through praise and delegation.
- Hold store meetings, a minimum of once every 4 weeks.
- Maintains records of sales data, bank deposits and daily operational records, as required.
- Enforces sales policies and procedures and employee policies and procedures.
- Attend Retail Operations sales meetings and Goodwill functions such as Executive Updates.
- Maintains store premises in compliance with Agency Safety and housekeeping practices.
- Participates in review process, long range planning, and budgeting.
- Ensures compliance with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout areas supervised and maintain same to meet DOL, and other regulatory standards.
- Responsible for equal opportunity employment efforts.
- Ensures that rosters are completed daily.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or general education degree with courses in Business or Marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field preferred.
- Two years of retail experience in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Experience with training and supervision of shipping and receiving functions, stock duties and merchandising, and cashiering and customer service at a retail location.
- Excellent leadership, written and oral communication, and management skills.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time fostering strong team atmosphere and positive promotion of agency.
- Basic computer literacy—e-mail, internet, word processing is encouraged
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.