Thrifty Rags Sales Associate
Select and process donated textiles to be sold as rags meeting Standard Operating Procedures, and filling customer orders. Seek out and acquire new customers. Promote and inform customer base about the benefits of purchasing product. Promote, improve, and support the agency as a whole. Must have own car for work travel and a good driving record.
Essential Job Duties:
- Inspect and sort all donated textiles for viability as rag material.
- Clean and maintain rag processing area.
- Receive, cut rags and fill orders according to customer preferences.
- Prepare special orders in accordance with customer requests.
- Ensure that Goodwill quality control standards are met.
- Search out and compile lists of potential new customers and donors.
- Create and maintain accurate list of current customers and donors.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up, via phone, e-mail, in person and at customers’ businesses.
- Accurately complete both written and electronic reports within specific assigned time frames.
- Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma preferred, but not required. Basic mathematical skills needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Computer skills preferred.
- Ability to lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time fostering a strong team atmosphere and positive promotion of the agency.
- Display positive work attitude, demonstrate responsibility, and a willingness to follow company attendance policies and processing procedures.
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.