- Promote service participant development by assisting with tasks.
- Commit to preserving a safe work environment by performing job duties and keeping work area clean and void of hazards.
- Actively participate in safety training.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Inspect textiles and wares.
- Separate salvage from merchandise.
- Ensure that Goodwill quality control standards are met (textiles).
- Prepare textiles for resale.
- Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
- Assist Team Leader in day to day operations as requested
- H.S. Diploma preferred, but not necessary. Basic mathematical skills needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Lift and or move up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time fostering strong team atmosphere and positive promotion of agency.
- Display positive work attitude, responsible, and willing to follow company attendance policies and processing procedures.
- Safety and Other Training:
- The person in this position will take classes as prescribed by the agency and state and federal laws.
Goodwill Industries of the Berkshires and Southern Vermont, Inc. is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer